7 Reasons To Visit The Quinta Do Lago South Golf Course
The delightful south coast of Portugal is home to many high quality golf courses, with the jewel of them all the spectacular Quinta do Lago South course. Touring through this area is sure to give memorable experiences, highlighted by championship quality golf courses, at affordable rates. Here are the top 7 reasons to visit this stunning course to fulfil the ambitions of those who love to include golf in their vacations:
- A stunning mature challenging golf course developed over 40 years ago, provides beautiful surroundings including thick tree and bush areas on the tree-line designed course. Plenty of water is also situated on-course making the par 72 a true test of skill, with quality greens, fitting for several Portuguese Opens in the past.
- The area offers stunning resorts and restaurants for those who love to relax in the surrounds of the highest quality golf-resorts. A plethora of 5 star hotels and quality restaurants as well as bars are available, leaving tourists plenty of options, for non-golfing touring compatriots.
- There are several other high-quality golf courses within a small area on the stunning coastline, meaning golfers can play a slew of different rounds of golf in a short period from a base in this area.
- Golfing luminaries such as Colin Montgomerie and Sam Torrance are amongst the better players to compete here for the Portuguese Open. To experience the golf course of such players is doubtlessly on many bucket-lists for many golf tourists.
- Near perfect weather conditions for golf all year round are sure to greet tourists on the southern coast of Portugal, with little chance of heavy rainfall and average temperatures, well within the very comfortable range.
- On the off-day golfers’ other favourite pastime fishing is also available with stunning charters and daytrips at really affordable prices readily. Reefs and dolphin sightings make this particularly attractive for all ages who love water activities.
- The course setup is a true test of any players game with different shots required to take advantage of the course, as the holes are shaped differently, including dog-legs each way.
Overall, Quinta Do Lago South is a delightful experience for any level of golfer and a complete experience, sure to attract tourists from everywhere. The premier course in all of Portugal is picturesque and mature leaving no reason to exclude it from travel plans, and a quality option for any golfing tourist.