Golf Holidays In Portimao: 10 Facts You Need To Keep In Mind
Portimao in a great destination for golf lovers and as any golf holiday planner knows only too well that it’s very important to gather all necessary information about the destination you’re planning to visit. That’s the secret of a good golf holiday. Certainly Portimao won’t disappoint you, but before you organize the holiday, here are a few facts you need to keep in mind.
- Every golf enthusiast and nature lover would want to visit Portimao at least once in his lifetime. This is the largest town in the Western Algarve and it’s located on the banks of the river Arade. Tourists wanting to enjoy nature and golf normally prefer to stay near the Praia da Rocha beach area. This is a tourist hotspot with plenty of shopping areas, clubs, restaurants, holiday rental apartments and hotels.
- The older part of the town offers glimpse of the town as it was in the 19th or early 20th Century. Most houses in this area still exhibit the old charm and there is plenty of medieval architecture for the tourists to enjoy.
- The beach at Portimao may not have the distinction of being the best in the world, but it is certainly worth a visit. Allot one day of your golf trip to spend time with your family or friends at the beach.
- Portimao has a lot to offer for the non-golf lovers. The town is also famous for Autodromo – it’s very own international race track. If that doesn’t interest the non-golfers in your group, then plan a visit to the shopping area of the town. Portimao is a fun place, you can explore the caves near the beach, watch the dolphins swim, take a boat and go fishing, and also participate in many adventure sports such as parachuting, etc.
- Now, for the most important attraction of the town – the golf courses. Portimao and the surrounding area house many world class golf courses. The Pestana Alto Golf, Pastana Gramacho, Pestana Vale da Pinta, Penina Golf and Resort, Vale de Milho Golf, Morgado do Reguengo Resort, Pestana Silver Golf, Onyria Palmares Golf Resort, and many more courses are all within 10 kilometers from the center of the town.
- With so many golf courses to play and tourist hotspots to visit, you won’t be able to enjoy everything in a short period of time. Consider a long holiday to Portimao, you won’t regret it.
- Events and celebrations take place in Portimao throughout the year. There are the New Year live music and fireworks celebrations, music festivals, exhibitions, jet-skiing tournaments, powerboat racing, and various other sports events. Time your golf holiday so that you can experience some of these events in Portimao.
- Portimao is a premium golf destination with tourists visiting the town throughout the year. Obviously, booking tickets, golf courses, accommodation, etc. won’t be easy. Plan ahead and make all necessary arrangements well in advance.
- There are so many excellent courses to play that, it’s normal to be confused. Take some time to gather all the information about the golf courses in and around Portimao town and choose the course you want to visit.
- While booking air tickets don’t forget you’ve to transport the golf equipments as well. There are special rules for carrying clubs; read the rules, terms, and conditions before you book tickets on a particular airline.