fine print and frequently asked questions - if the answer to your question isn't here,
please contact us for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a curfew?
Nope! We ask that guests be mindful between the hours of 10pm and 10am, as others may
like to sleep late or early, but all guests may come and go as they please.
Is smoking permitted?
Escape is a non-smoking house, and no smoking is permitted indoors. However, smoking is
permitted in our garden, and there is a canopy to protect from rain or strong sun.
What about that cat?
Rocky is a middle-aged Siamese mix. He lives on the top floor (with our proprietor), but may
come to visit the common areas (our Parlour, dining room, and garden). He is not permitted
in our guest rooms.
What about stairs?
Our Traveler, Canopy, and Ensuite rooms are at ground level, just three steps down.
Our Courtiers and Queen rooms are on the second floor, up two standard flights of stairs.
- Reservations are accepted with a 30% deposit via credit or debit card; please call us at
718-243-1171 between 10am and 6pm EST to make all reservations.
- Prices and minimum stays are subject to change without notice.
- We cannot guarantee a specific room choice though best efforts will be made to
accommodate your preferences.
- Reservations of 4 nights or more may be made at any time.
- Reservations of 3 nights may be made up to 21 days in advance.
- Reservations of 2 nights may be made up to 4 days in advance, availability permitting.
- We do not accept one-night reservations.
- Maximum occupancy is 2 guests per guest room, unless an exception has been agreed
upon in advance. If the maximum occupancy is exceeded, at the Proprietor's discretion
additional fees may apply or all guests involved may have their reservations revoked
without deposit refund according to our published cancellation policy below.
Children, Pets, and Rocky
- Children are welcome with advance permission. Guests arriving with unannounced
children regardless of age or size may have their reservations revoked without deposit
refund according to our published cancellation policy below.
- Cribs or playpens are required for children under 2 years of age and may be rented at a
rate of $25 per night. These must be requested at time of booking.
- We do not accommodate guest pets.
- We have one cat in residence: ‘Rocky’. Though he is not allowed in our guest rooms,
persons very allergic to cats may wish to stay on our cat-free second floor.
Breakfast and Common Areas, event space
- Continental breakfast is offered daily from 8am to 10am Monday through Saturday, and
from 9am to 11am Sundays and holidays.
- Our main Kitchen / Dining Room are closed to guests outside of breakfast hours.
- Our Parlour Room and Garden are generally open to guests between 8am and 10pm.
Any of these 3 areas may be reserved for private use between 11am and 9pm at a rate
of $50 per area per hour (all clean-up must be completed prior to 10pm).
- If you have an event in mind, please contact us to discuss your wishes.
Check-in and Check-out
- Escape Guesthouse does not have a 24-hour desk.
- Check-in is between 3pm and 6pm daily.
- A minimum of 24 hours’ notice and a $25 fee per waiting hour between 6pm and 8pm
are required for late check-ins. Between 8pm and 10pm, the fee per waiting hour is $50.
- We reserve the right to deny check-ins after 10pm.
- Luggage may be dropped off between 8am and 6pm with advanced notice.
- Advance notice is required for customers bringing more than two large suitcases each,
or customers wishing to receive special deliveries.
- Check-out is by 1pm daily.
- Luggage may be checked with us until 6pm on day of check-out, holding fees apply.
- 1-7 days prior to arrival date: no refund of deposit
- 8-30 days prior to arrival date: 50% of deposit is refunded.
- More than 30 days prior to arrival date: entire deposit is refunded, minus a $50 non-
refundable cancellation fee.
- No refunds or discounts for early departure. Unless notice is given before arrival,
customers are expected and required to pay the entire amount of their reservation.
Lost Property Policy
- Escape Guesthouse is not responsible for personal property lost or left behind.
Escape Guesthouse LLC
168 Bergen Street, Brooklyn NY 11217